Old March 13th, 2011, 07:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Dawgz

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 06:56:01 -0800 (PST), "

On 2011-03-11 19:57:39 -0500, said:

That said, there are few things worse than a dog barking or jumping on
you when you are trying to fish. *If it can't behave, it should stay at
home.

Dave

I like to take a dog or two when I go fishing, IF they are well
behaved. My old Border Collie is the best. She likes to hide in the
weeds and watch me with Border Collie intensity.

A poodle might be a problem because they like to get in the water.

April is 2 yrs old - now is a good time to train her.

I would not take her unless I am assuired that she will not run wild
bothering people or other fishermen or running down wildlife
She has to obey me 100% and behave w a lead rope

We are also proceeding w our plan to certify her a therapy dog.\
She is beautiful obedient, cute ,sedate (sometimes) and friendly
AlHto she can be stand-offish if you approach my wife or I
unsexpectedly.

Poodles are smart- we shall see

Ivan Pavlov