Old December 29th, 2007, 02:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default waterboarding

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 14:08:59 GMT, "rb608"
wrote:

Torture is one of those crimes that simply cannot be excused.

I agree. Our troops in just about every war have suffered torture to
some extent, whether it be beatings, food/water deprivation, or
physical harm.

There can be
no double standard.

There is no double standard. They practice REAL torture. Ask John
McCain.

If we can do it to them, they can do it to us.

Count on it, my friend, up to and including beheading. That is a
given. If only they used *just* waterboarding.

If we
can do it to save our children, they can do it to our children with the same
moral authority.

Again, if only if was "just" waterboarding. They torture for the pure
pleasure of it. If I was a POW, I would pray that only waterboarding
was used.

I cannot excuse or condone that.

Psychological "torture" is common. Sleep deprivation. Constand loud
music/sounds. Waterboarding is psychological. There is NO physical
harm. And, it is affective. If it saves lives (and it has regardless
what you say), then I am for it.

eopcfm

Dave