Old August 20th, 2009, 02:50 PM posted to alt.global-warming,rec.outdoors.fishing
GregS[_2_]

Default AGW-denier fishermen should read this (mercury & coal plants)

In article , "E.A." wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/..._contamination

Quote: "The main source of mercury to most of the streams tested,
according to the researchers, is emissions from coal-fired power
plants. The mercury released from smokestacks here and abroad rains
down into waterways, where natural processes convert it into
methylmercury =97 a form that allows the toxin to wind its way up the
food chain into fish."

My local power plant is down on emissions by 85% of a few years ago.
They now have technology to get close to 100%

They also have technology to provide hydro power in rivers.
Many miles of local rivers have zero hydro plants here.
http://www.hydrogreenenergy.com/technology.html

We are still putting PCB's in rivers everywhere.
Its going to stay.

I think we need to paint all roads with sun reflecting
coatings, and all roofs too. That and MORE plants, would reduce sun heating
by a huge amount.

There is also technology to produce oil from coal with less harmfull effects.