Old August 7th, 2004, 03:50 PM
go-bassn

Default Fishing & Hunting - Commentary

Craig, while I don't disagree with you I'm sure there's a much more
appropriate group on which to voice your objections to certain hunting
methods.

You should be out dynamiting bass anyway...

Warren

"Craig" wrote in message
I love fishing and hunting. There is nothing better than being out in
nature, enjoying her beauty and partaking in one of my favorite

activities.
But. . . .

I believe a fisherman takes only what is legal or whatever he and his

family
will eat, whichever is the lesser of the two. I believe this also holds
true to hunters., and up to this point, I don't think anyone would

disagree
with me.

I just watched a program on hunting and became angry, as I do sometimes

when
I watch deep sea fishing programs. I hate to see hunters use dogs, when

the
dogs job is to run down the animal. I DON'T have a problem at all with a
using a single dog, such as a retriever, to point out, flush and retrieve
birds. But I do have a problem when a pack of dogs are used to run down,
surround, and trap an animal so that the so called hunter can walk up and
shoot it. Then listen to the guy tell me what a great hunt it was, when
their dogs did all the hunting. They are no more a hunter than a guy who
uses dynamite, to catch fish, is a fisherman.

If this individual was using one of these methods as the sole means to

feed
his family, I wouldn't have a problem it. That includes using dynamite

catch fish. A man must do whatever is necessary to feed, cloth, shelter,
and protect their family. But to call it fishing or hunting is a joke.
With all our modern camo, scents, callers, gps, etc., do we really need to
use dog packs to run down our prey.

Yeah, I'm a moderate democrat - so I also believe a man only needs a
shotgun, a long rifle, a bow, a good knife, and maybe a semi-auto handgun

hunt with and for protection. The weapons I have are for hunting, not for
taking on an invading army. We have the police and military for that.
But, hey, I think it would be cool to use tranquilizer tarts to hunt with

so
that you could shoot that big deer, get your photo taken with it and then
let it go. Catch & release hunting, because for me, it is the hunt that

is
the fun.

--
Craig Baugher
Be Confident, Focused, but most of all Have FUN!