Old March 29th, 2011, 02:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid © 2010

Default Peacock herl

On Mar 28, 5:55*pm, Tim Lysyk wrote:
On 28/03/2011 1:26 PM, Frank Reid © 2010 wrote:

I like it for the ease of doing things like Dave is going to do,
strengthening hackle or herl to make a more resilient fly. *Speed is
also an issue. *Many of the simple tasks are much cleaner and more
uniform done on the Nor Vise.
In actuality, due to the board setup, I've found that my vise stays
put together longer. *I tie more flies.
Frank Reid

I am kind of intrigued by this.....how is it for tying *flies with an
asymmetric body, such as a pheasant tail nymph, that has a shell back?

Tim Lysyk

And completely ignore Tom. He is Luddite Renzetti snob that doesn't
understand innovation. He would have had Henry Ford make a faster
horse. He's been hangin' with the Amish too long.
Frank Reid
(he still uses bobbers)