Old October 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing
[email protected]

Default Fish finders

On Oct 27, 8:44 am, Larry wrote:
wrote:
Mike - go tohttp://www.humminbird.com/
http://www.garmin.com/garmin/cms/site/us/onthewater/
andhttp://www.lowrance.com/en/Products/Marine/ for starters.

You are right - $200-$300 WOULD be wonderful, but I really don't think
that you will find what you are looking for in that range. Suggestion:
Spend a few extra bucks to get exactly what you want. And please note
that those units with Color displays, while pricier, allow you to see
the display in almost any lighting condition, and from a distance.

I'd like to echo what he said. As someone who has had at least 4
different fish finders, a color screen is REALLY worth it, not because
of the color, but because it is so much BRIGHTER. I currently use a
Garmin 535 which is a lot more money, but at least I can SEE the thing.

The cheaper b/w screens are absolutely worthless if the sun is out.
OTOH, if you don't believe me, I still have a Garmin 168 in good shape
that I'd let go cheap.
--

Larry
rapp at lmr dot com

Thank you, I'll take the advice. Do you have a specific
recommendation.
Mike