Old August 18th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Ken Fortenberry

BENJAMIN KORSTVEDT wrote:
Going through some fly-fishing stuff in my closet I came across a pack of
no-knot eyelets for attaching leader to fly line. Does anyone have comments
on the usefulness of these devices? Are they a clear advantage over a
regular knot? What I worry about is that they could pull out under the
pressure of a good fish.

Worst gadget ever invented for attaching leader to line.
The barbs destroy the fly line from the inside out, they're
a bitch to install and after all that the eyelet is too
small to accomodate the butt end of a proper leader.

The best way to attach leader to line is a well-tied nail
knot but if you gotta have a gadget Eagle Claw makes a
plastic doodad that some people like.

--
Ken Fortenberry