Old August 31st, 2012, 05:40 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob[_4_]

Default Mepps Spinner Blade Colors Question

Hello,

Not a Bass "scholar," but was wondering about this:

I fish a lot in a small Pond outside of Boston.
The usual; smallmouth and largemouth, with lots of yellow perch.

I can always get a load of them using a size 0 or 1 Mepps Spinner
(treble hook).

Has to be Undressed; the ones with a skirt just don't seem to attract them.

The ones that work always seem to be the ones with a Silver Blade.

The Gold, or the Black bladed ones (Fury, I think) with the spots don't
work either.
Just the Silver ones.

Mepps, I'm sure, sells millions of the Gold and Black speckled Blade ones,

So,

For you experts:

Under what conditions do, or would, the Gold and Black speckled blades
be expected to work "better" than the Silver bladed ones ? Why ?

Thanks,
Bob