Old August 1st, 2013, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Don Phillipson[_3_]

Default Tubflies for newbie

"M" wrote in message

I started fly fishing last year and this year I want to try for sea trout
and salmon. I recently got a few tubflies given from someone but it's a real
struggle getting them out. They're relatively light especially compared to
their size, relative to a hook tied fly.
Am I missing something? Should I be weighting them in some way?

This looks like defective casting technique. On a well balanced
outfit, all of us should be able to cast tube flies at least 50 ft. and
most can manage 75 ft.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs