Old November 10th, 2005, 09:34 PM
JR

Default Selling off national forest and national parks? TU alert

Johnson wrote:
This might be the most dangerous thing I have seen yet to hit fly
fishing in the U.S.

Worse than indicators?

This would have devestating effects on the nations
best trout streams, and we would lose access to many of those streams.

Well, you could make friends with a couplefew prominent roffians (whose
names I won't mention), and once they buy up the best trout streams,
they'll invite you fishing....

Seems that's what Pombo and Bush are up to. I never in all my days
thoguht I would have ever seen this. No joke, this plan would sell off
our national parks and forests, having a terrible ipact on our trout
streams.

All joking aside, the only thing surprising about this is that anyone
should be surprised.....

the extremist "all-government-is-always-bad" wing of the Republican
party has always had privatization of public lands as an important goal.