Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:10 PM posted to news.groups,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default RFD: rec.outdoors.bassfishing.tournaments

"Alaskan420" wrote in

I also firmly disagree with your contention that tournament fishing is
not a recreational activity.

Actually, it's my contention-- and I still hold it, slightly modified.
I'll even add to it. I don't think it's a very valuable use of a valuable
resource. There are tournaments that target very sensitive and pressured
species, like Marlin. I think that your proposed group will fit very
nicely in rec.sports, but I think there's a conservation argument as to why
it doesn't belong in rec.outdoors.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply