Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:17 PM posted to news.groups,rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default RFD: rec.outdoors.bassfishing.tournaments

In article , Jonathan Kamens
wrote:

Frankly, Scott, you appear to have a rather large
anti-tournaments chip on your shoulder. Your claims that
tournaments are not "recreational", that they don't deserve to
be classified as "outdoors" activities like non-tournament
fishing, and even that they're bad for the environment surely
would be rejected by most people who participate in
tournaments, and I suspect they would be rejected by most
other fishermen as well. Your postings are pushing me toward
supporting this proposal rather than against it, because it
seems to me that tournament fishermen are entitled to a place
to discuss their activity where people like you can't come
along and tell them how inferior it is.

The proposal is not for a moderated group. Do you believe that it is?
If not, your last sentence above is irrational.