Old August 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Kilmelford Argyll

In article , Sandy Birrell
wrote:

As I was writing the first draft of this report I had that de ja vu
moment. I looked out last years report and it started like this.
'It had rained; rained some more and rained even more for, what

The classic 'It was a dark and stormy night...' :-)

The wind had made the casting interesting, and the walking doesn't get
any easier but it won't stop me coming back to one of the best brown
trout fishing areas in Scotland.

I should hope not.

It can be hard to explain how some of the best fishing does not return the
biggest fish. For me the nearest equivalent to your loch ramblings would be
the odd trip to Dartmoor where a 6" brownie is takeable and skinny 10" is a
red-letter catch. I happen to live within a short walk of water where the
average takeable wild brownie is around 12" and threequarters of a pound ...
so why do I ever go to the moor?

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/