Old December 15th, 2006, 10:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus

Default Merry Christmas

"johnval1" wrote in message
t...

Consider Picasso's "blue period" piece of The Old Guitarist. A seminal
work, bridging period genres and one of the turning pieces of art pointing
out the direction of modernism.

Except, substitute Picasso with Renoir, substitute a blue theme with
lively colors, substitute the old guitarist with a young female ballet
dancer in a mid-twirl, and we have the same painting making the same
arguement. Right?

No, you replaced one painting for another, thus changing the meaning of the
art. We have been talking about a conceptual framework, in which meaning is
not changed, only the words are changed.

What I am saying is that I do not accept the substitution of those words.
Not in the context of that specific discussion nor in any other actually.
There is no conceptual equality of those words worthy - to me at least -
of discussion.

What is so special about the words Christian and diverse beliefs that makes
them unfit to be used?

What words would you use, since you "do not accept the substitution of
*those* words."

So you do understand my point, but you are oppose to the use of my word
choice? And I'm not asking you to accept anything. I am asking if you
understand my point of view.

Besides, PETA has some linkage to fishing. Come to think of it, Christ
did too when he divided the fishes and loaves to feed the gathering, but I
don't believe PETA would have approved of that menu either.

I imagine that would depend upon whether or not Jesus (himself) was dividing
the fish up among PETA members.

Sorry to hear about your back surgery.

It's not the problem. I'm tickles to death with the surgery. It was before
the surgery that was such a pain.

Take care.

Op