Old May 15th, 2008, 04:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Ian

Default Tempest sand eels

Thanks Derek.I take it that I should rig it so that the hook is about 2/3
down the body of the lure, as most rubber eels.
And as most rubber eel type lures have a long twisted shank to the hook, to
impart a realistic movement when trolling, this lure does not need that
bend?
Ian
"Derek Moody" wrote in message
In article , Ian
wrote:
Ive got some tempest holographic sand eels. I'd like to try them for
pollock. They are rubber, with no hook. Obviously I must add a hook and
swivel to these. Can anyone tell me how to rig these up? Or to point me
to a
website with some information on using them.

Cut your trace length, tie on hook. Push free end through sandeel and out
of 'mouth', pull hook up into eel (the length of the hook's shank should
have been chosen so that the knot is now protected by the rubber body),
tie
on swivel and store as usual.

Cheerio,

--