Old July 3rd, 2013, 02:14 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Derek Moody

Default does anyone know...

In article , RustyHinge
wrote:
On 30/06/13 13:30, Derek Moody wrote:
In article , RustyHinge
wrote:
There was a proposal by one/some East Anglian local 'authorities' to
charge fishermen for angling from the beach and piers.

No, they (Eastern Daily Press) were talking about the beach too.

I shall have to bite the bullet and get a bus to Yarmouth and ask an
angler when the time's right.

As a wildfowler (Rtd.) I do know what the law of the foreshore *was*,
but I believe things have changed a little since the 1950s/60s.

Not a great deal aIui - perhaps the charge mooted was a toll for crossing
some stretch of dry land to get -to- the beach? We have several
toll-charging private roads/car-parks leading to otherwise free beaches down
here in Dorset.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/