Old May 18th, 2007, 08:02 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default triploid trout

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:

.......and chances are - Rainbows will not breed anyway, at least in our
waters.

There are supposed to be naturalised rainbows in Derbyshire and I've seen
fry from put and take ponds that I'm sure were never stocked - as most of
them were inside larger rainbows it's safe to assume that few of those make
it...

Large double figure Rainbows are just want some anglers(fishmongers)
want - but they are not /real/anglers anyway.

The most fun-to-catch rainbows ime are those stocked as fingerlings in the
West Cork ESB waters. They rarely make more than a couple of pounds.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/
Writing: http://www.author.casterbridge.net/derek-moody/