Old January 7th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

Default Spinnerbaits

"luv2bafield" wrote in message SNIP

I feel about baits like some people (including me) feel about line in the
recent thread on that topic. Bass just ain't that smart. If they are
hitting a certain color and blade style of spinnerbait, they'll hit any
brand of spinnerbait in that color and style. I might even go as far to say
that if they are hitting spinnerbaits, they'll hit any spinnerbait. Same
goes for worms, cranks, jigs, etc. So many lures are overpriced. IMHO.

I'll go along with that to a certain extent. But I've found through personal experience that just
about every time that I've fished a standard spinnerbait and a client has fished a Secret Weapon,
they've done better than me, and there's few people that like to throw a spinnerbait more than me.
There's something about the flash or vibration that's different and seems to trip a fish's trigger.
I had one muskie that was following a StrikeKing spinnerbait veer off of that to slam a SW 15-20
feet away.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers