Old January 7th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Jim Laumann

Default Spinnerbaits

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 20:25:14 -0600, "Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers"
wrote:

"luv2bafield" wrote in message SNIP

I feel about baits like some people (including me) feel about line in the
recent thread on that topic. Bass just ain't that smart. O.

snipped....

I'll go along with that to a certain extent. But I've found through personal experience that just
about every time that I've fished a standard spinnerbait and a client has fished a Secret Weapon,
they've done better than me, and there's few people that like to throw a spinnerbait more than me.
There's something about the flash or vibration that's different and seems to trip a fish's trigger.
I had one muskie that was following a StrikeKing spinnerbait veer off of that to slam a SW 15-20
feet away.

Steve

Make sure you've got plenty of those SW's on hand next Oct. I'm
hoping that muskie has a cousin, brother, sister, auntie......

And if all else fails - a SM will do.

Later

Jim

2003 R.O.F.B. NWC