Old March 27th, 2010, 12:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

Default What to do with my retrieve?

On 2010-03-26 22:42:29 -0400, Todd said:

I fish the drift, not the hatch. This means I
nymph with a lure selection of whatever invertebrate
is currently living in the water and is "clumsy".
I really do not care what is going through a
"metamorphosis" (also known as "the hatch")
I target trout that are Kármán gaiting, as that
is where they are when they are harvesting the
drift.

HUH? Fish the drift? "Clumsy?" I've been tying flies a helluva long
time, but I am gonna hafta learn how to tie "clumsy" into my nymphs.
I'll tie a clumsy nymph and call it the Full Reid.

Nice tro.......uh, read, Todd.

Dave