Old January 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Pat_RI

Thanks for the info I already use an Avid for worms and jigs. I really
don't throw spinnerbaits much but will start throwing them more this year.
Won't a shorter rod equal better accuracy when trying to get them into
tight spots?
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"Pat_RI" wrote in message
What are the benefits of using the 7 foot rod over the others?

I like the way 7 foot rods cast, if I want to cover a lot of water in a
hurry, I can really launch a spinnerbait waaaaay out there. I also

believe
that because the "swing radius" is larger, that you're moving more line on

hookset, thus getting better hooksets. I also like the way I can control

fish on a longer rod.

But much of this is subjective and personal preference/beliefs. That's

why
I gave you three to choose from. Head to your closest St. Croix dealer

and
check them out for yourself. YOU decide which on you prefer, afterall,
you're footing the bill.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com