Old May 5th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Jeff Miller

Jeff Bateman wrote:
heres a link with all the local species available. cant speak to it
myself, I mostly paddle around and take photos, but theres always folks
out there catching something...
http://www.dgif.state.va.us/fishing/...lake_drummond/

Jeff Miller wrote:

Jeff Bateman wrote:

Visit The Great Dismal Swamp

any worthwhile fishing in the canals and lake?

your subject line mentioned fishing, but your post said nothing of
fishing. i thought you might know something about the fishing since you
posted your web site info on this fishing newsgroup. i live in eastern
nc, and though i've never been there, i'd always heard lake drummond was
too acidic for bass or other worthwhile fishing... we've got plenty of
beautiful acidic lakes and pocosin swamps down here to paddle around and
photograph. from the photos on your website, drummond looks to be an
interesting spot, but not any better than, or even as good as, nc's new
lake or lake mattamuskeet as far as scenery. mattamuskeet is probably
superior in scenery and fishing. you should post your drummond stuff in
a canoe or kayak newsgroup. the photos on your website were interesting
though...thanks.

jeff