Old March 29th, 2008, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.sea
Paul

Default Making Your Own RIgs

Hi, I make my own Rigs to the designs shown in Sea Angler magazine and
in the Sea Angler book on Rigs and Bait Presentation.

Does anyone else on here make their own rigs? Anyone got any new
simple designs I might try this year? I use up a lot of Pulley Rigs
while Beach Casting.

I was thinking of making simpler rigs and thus using less materials
and doing my bit to save the planet, anyone got any views on what we
could do as our contribution to recycling etc?

I have been making my own lead weights, using moulds and lead melted
down from old tyre weights. I got enough lead tyre weights to make me
weights for the rest of my fishing days but i think lead weights might
be banned in the next year or so. If I put in a few old nuts and
washers in my moulds to use much less lead is it going to have much of
an impact on my weights? Anyone got an acceptable green weight making
solution for me?