Old July 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM posted to uk.net.news.config,uk.rec.fishing.sea
Tony[_6_]

Default 2nd RFD: remove uk.rec.fishing.star

In uk.net.news.config, Mike Bristow wrote:

In article ,
Mike Bristow wrote:
This is a formal Request For Discussion (RFD) for the following changes
in the uk.* Usenet hierarchy:

delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.coarse
delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.game
delete newsgroup uk.rec.fishing.sea

There doesn't appear to be much controversy, so I am likely to apply
for a FT next weekend.

It should be pointed out that the one on-topic post in uk.rec.fishing.sea
has generated a little 5-post thread in the last week or so. If folk think
that this changes the moribundness of the group, speak up now!

It looks to me like Derek is an original reader of uk.rec.fishing.* (given
this in his .sig, uk.rec.fishing.game Badge Page
http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/). I'd be interested in his
opinion on whether the fishing groups are worth retaining.
--
Tony Evans
Seeking archives for uk.* from 1998 and older. Especially interested