Old July 13th, 2008, 04:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

Default Any Swift River Irregulars out there?

On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 07:55:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Jul 12, 4:28 pm, daytripper wrote:
What's going on with the Swift the last few days? Anyone been out this week?

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ma/nwis/uv?01175500

Have they been turning off the bubbler during prime time?

/daytripper (Hey Timmaaay! You 'bout ready to fish?)

They are doing repairs on the dam, and have been dropping the water
from 8:00 to 3:00 while they are working on it. It was scheduled to be
completed on Thursday, but there was a major screw up, and much of the
work had to be done over. I spoke with a guy on the work crew, and he
said they would be done on Friday, but I wouldn't bank on it. Fishing
generally has been good.....some sulphurs, but not a lot of surface
feeding. Nymphs working well, but thins tend to be pretty slow. Plenty
of fish, both up and downstream.

Thanks George, that makes sense of what otherwise were some pretty weird gage
plots...

Cheers

/daytripper