Old February 2nd, 2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Da

Default Adams tied by a Chinese person

On Feb 2, 9:48 pm, "George Adams" wrote:
On Feb 2, 8:30 am, "Da" wrote:

This is my new adams pattern. Here is the picture linkhttp://www.versacorp.cn/picImg/Adams-Big.jpg. Wish the pattern could
bring some encouragements but not teasing.
Hook: 539 8#
Wings: grizzly hackle tips tied over the body
Tail: grizzly hackle barbs
Body: lavender floss
Hackle: grizzly hackle tip

Maybe the hook I use is a little bigger. I saw most of other tie with
10-16 hooks. But I think the 10-16 hooks are very small. So what are
you comments?

The fly is not tied true to the accepted pattern, the proportions are
wrong, and it should be tied in sizes 10 to 20. Other than that, it's
perfect.

Thanks. Should I follow the proportions as follows:
Wing: equal to the length of the hook shank
Hackle: equal to the length of the body
Head: equal to the length of the hook eye
Body: equal to the length of the hook shank, less the head
Tail: equal to one and one-half times the length of the body.

And the hook should be in sizes 10 to 20 to make it more like a real
adams. Is that right?