Old October 17th, 2006, 08:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
SimRacer

Default Senkos....

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
.. .
Ok... I thought I was a decent senko fisherman, but yesterday I got
schooled seriously.

Lannes Brock invited me to fish Yuma Bassmasters with him. His regular
partner was busy with something else. Anyway. Lannes pretty much fished

t-rigged senko all day long with a brief respite while he fished a fluke.

We ran through an area and the wind was whipping down along with us for
hours. He was feeling fish constantly and putting a fish in the boat
regularly while I stood there and watched. I'm sure I was getting bites,
but I was oblivious to it. Basically Lannes was dead sticking a senkos

and
then very slowly dragging it. Every once in a while he would say, "I'm
getting a bite." Then he would let the fish swim around a bit and set the
hook.

When I finally focused I caught a coupel also. Wow. I'm a line wather
mostly, but if you had seen me yesterday you would have thought I totally
forgot how to fish by feel. I used to be pretty good at fishing by feel.
In fact back when I bait fished I would read a book and fish totally by

feel
with the line lace between my fingers, and I always caught more fish that
way than anybody else bait fishing. Maybe I should take a couple days
sitting ont he bank to get my touch back.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

I understand the theory of patience. If you ever want a sure-fire way to
train yourself to wait on a fish to have and truly take your bait prior to
setting the hook, try flounder fishing sometime. That, to me, is the
ultimate in patience training, since they'll pick it up and play with it
awhile before trying to eat it, all has to happen before you can set the
hook on one of those bad boys. There are times that between feeling the fish
and setting the hook on a flounder, it can actually feel like minutes have
gone by - even though it may have only been 30 seconds to 1 minute.