Old October 17th, 2006, 10:42 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

Default Senkos....

"Olebiker" wrote in message
oups.com...

RichZ wrote:
I've long contended that the bass fishing public is too heavily invested
in line watching. Sure I watch my line. But it's still secondary to
"fishing by Braille" as far as I'm concerned. Line watching may tell me
when I've had a bite. Relying on my sense of feel does that too, but it
often tells me to get ready for one, as I bump the worm and/or the jig
into something that might just hold a fish.

Have you fished an unweighted Senko? I seldom feel a fish hit a Senko
like I do a Texas rigged worm.

I rarely feel hits with worms, Senkos or soft jerkbaits, so I have to watch
my line to detect hits. Without the line-watching, I'd either catch far
fewer fish or catch many more gut-hooked fish.

I'll readily concede the possibility (probability?) that I lack what it
takes to detect hits by feel (even with Fireline). But I am what I am, and
whatever that is, it requires me to carefully watch the line.