Old May 6th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Willi and Sue

Default Fly line recommendation

Charlie Choc wrote:
On Thu, 6 May 2004 11:54:49 +0100, "riverman"
wrote:

Any suggestions?

I like the Wulff TT line for my 4wt. I've heard a lot of good things
about the Sage Quiet Taper and will probably give that a try the next
2, 3 or 4wt line I buy.

The Sage Quiet Taper is a speciality line. It has a longer front taper
and an overall thinner profile than a conventional line. However,
because of this thinner profile it is going to be more dense and not
float as well as a conventional line. Good for delicate presentations
but probably not so good as a day to day line. If you desire a delicate
presentation but are willing to sacrifice floatation, you can get a
Dorber line for $12.

Willi