Old May 6th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Roger Ohlund

Default Fly line recommendation

"riverman" wrote in message
OK, as if this hasn't been all hashed out here before..but I think its

time
to modify my fly line on my smaller rod, and I'd like a recommendation of
some lines to look at. I'm just getting to where I believe that different
lines might actually make a noticable difference. Call me a reformed

cynic.

The rod is Hardy Gem Smuggler 5 piece-4 weight, is 8'5, quite soft, and I
use it in diverse conditions (open casting, and also with covering brush).

don't like to cast it tremendously far out, as I can't seem to get a good
delivery, so I'd want something that loaded up pretty quick for

intermediate
(30-40 foot) casts. I store my line on a small arbor reel, and all my
scientific angler Air Cel lines have developed memories that I cannot seem
to stretch out, so I want a line with a good reputation for no memory. I
usually fish dries, so a high-floating line is preferred. I only fish it

in
freshwater, usually for trout or greyling.

Myron,

"Guideline Presentation" fits the description of your requirements.
I'll fix you up with one should you be interested but unable to find it in a
shop somewhere, you can use PayPal or something to transfer money.
Read about it on the Guideline web page http://www.guidelineflyfish.com/
I'm very satisfied with these lines and use the "Professional", "Tri Cast"
and the "Presentation" myself.
I know Fred is using the "Pounch Pro" line and none of us has had any
problem with line memory or bad coating.
Also, it floats exceptionally well.
Fred is here right now and sends his regards.

/Roger