Old May 7th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Jarmo Hurri

Default Fly line recommendation

riverman The rod is Hardy Gem Smuggler 5 piece-4 weight, is 8'5,
riverman quite soft, and I use it in diverse conditions (open
riverman casting, and also with covering brush). I don't like to cast
riverman it tremendously far out, as I can't seem to get a good
riverman delivery, so I'd want something that loaded up pretty quick
riverman for intermediate (30-40 foot) casts. I store my line on a
riverman small arbor reel, and all my scientific angler Air Cel lines
riverman have developed memories that I cannot seem to stretch out,
riverman so I want a line with a good reputation for no memory. I
riverman usually fish dries, so a high-floating line is preferred. I
riverman only fish it in freshwater, usually for trout or greyling.

I use a Scientific Anglers XPS on both my 4wt and 2wt and like it
quite a bit. Their website says that the line has "the lowest memory
of any Mastery Series line" - personally I haven't noticed any memory
in the line.

IIRC, the line has a long, delicate front taper, but I don't think
this should really be a problem, since the Smuggler has a soft action.

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use .