Old October 3rd, 2006, 08:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Brendan

Default spinnerbaits.

Muskoka Fisherman wrote:
Just wondering do you have lots of different styles and colours of
spinner baits? Or do you have a kit with different skirts in it so
you only have to change the skirt colour?

The great thing about spinnerbaits is that they are so customizable.

I carry a few spinnerbaits and a collection of different blades and
skirts. I like to match the hatch and water colour/temperature.

Here are some of the loose rules that I use.

Blades -

Cold water - Big colorado blades (The round ones.) which allow me to
retrieve nice and slowly. Usually in bronze colour. (Subtlety in colour,
brutality in vibration seems to work for me.)

Clear water - Willow leaf blades. They allow me to burn the bait so the
fish don't have too much time to turn their noses up at it. In silver.

Murky water - Dual blades One Colorado for vibration, one BIG silver
willow leaf for flash and vibration. (Black and red would work as well.)

Skirts -

Bass prey tends to take on the colour of the water.

Hope this helps a bit.