Old June 18th, 2006, 02:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default Trolling Motor

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...

"FishinJC" wrote in message
ups.com...
Well, I posted awhile back that I was buying a boat for both fresh and
sal****er. I ended up going with a small cc because it had tons of
room to fish, didn't draft much and had a great price. Bad news is,
when pricing the install of a trolling motor, I was quoted $700 - $900
by 2 different people and on top of the cost of the motor, this would
be outrageous. I know bow mounted motors are best for a 17' boat, but
will a transom mount motor due? A transom motor means, I get one now
and can do more serious bass fishing. If it's worth waiting a year to
do it right, then I'll do that. Man, living in south florida is tough,
there are just too many places to fish.

What in the heck kind of boat did you get that it's going to cost dang
near a grand to install the TM?????

The only thing that I can think of that would cause this type of bill
would be if there was fabrication work required for the installation.

Heck, for that kind of money, you can drive up here to Rhinelander, I'll
help you put the motor on and then we'll go fishing!

Unless your "people" charge $350 per hour, you're getting ripped.

A transom mount motor might work for you, but if there's any kind of wave
action, you're going to get wet from water slopping over the transom.

Splash guards!!! Like on a walleye boat. LOL.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River