Old August 5th, 2010, 09:44 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default TR: Touchet River

On Aug 3, 5:03*pm, Giles wrote:
On Aug 3, 5:02*pm, DaveS wrote:

Been out to the Touchet place 3 times since Winter steelhead....

Very nice report.

...every tree is important. Unfortunately, after screwing
up Giles' chestnut seeds I had no chessnut seedlings to plant.

NONE survived? *Rats! * * *

Next year?

Should be doable. *Late frost killed ALL the walnut and butternut
blossoms but chestnut blooms VERY late. *Won't be as big a crop as
last year because we lost several good producers to the blight, but
there should be enough seed for another shipment to all interested
parties.

giles

I would definitly like to have another go at it if there are some
seeds available next year for this rodent chastened neophyte. Welded
cages, electric gridded kill zone, terrier patrols, the whole arsenal
this time.

Dave