Old November 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM posted to alt.flyfishing,rec.outdoors.fishing.fly,uk.rec.fishing.game
Derek Moody

Default Fly Lines & Reels

In article , W. D. Grey
wrote:
In article , Derek Moody
writes
I hesitate to recommend lines mainly because I don't know who makes the
mill-ends I buy...

A lot of people use Mill Ends - I never have, but not for ay particular
reason. They are a good idea for someone learning to cast though, no
point in wrecking a 40 quid line by practising.

And in the snagpits I fish there's no fear of wrecking it by fishing.

I do have a couple of named lines (Cyril and Jennifer) but in the ordinary
run of fishing almost all makes are broadly equivalent. It's only when
pushing limits of one kind or another that someone with my mediocre casting
ability wll notice any difference.

Cheerio,

--
Fishing: http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/