Old July 5th, 2010, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game
Just Dave

Default The Hare, the Hound and the Tortoise

Hi Sandy,

thanks for posting that. Ohhh, how I know what you mean about the
wind in such places being a pain. I often get up to llyn Idwal, and
the wind thre can do just what you describe, turning 180 mid-cast.
This loch looks very similar to another lake near here, Fynnon lloer,
lying in a cwm above Llyn Ogwen - bit of a steep climb to get up
there, but well worth it.

cheers

Dave

On Jul 4, 9:25*pm, "Sandy Birrell" wrote:
Gordon MacPherson wrote:
"Sandy Birrell" wrote in message
The Hare, the Hound and the Tortoise

Are there any fish in the loch - so high - acid rain?

Gordon

Many years ago my companion saw fish rising in the loch as he was
climbing the Munroes, he vowed to come back with a fly rod and fish
it. We did and caught nothing. Our thoughts are that it was probably
char he saw and they are notoriously difficult to catch in these high,
deep corrie lochs. As to height, I know of fish caught in Scotland in
higher lochs than 2300 feet which is the height of this one.

--

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

* * * Sandy
--