Old December 30th, 2004, 03:03 AM
Bob Rickard

I once fished a bait almost as strange as the mood I was in that day: I was
getting totally skunked on a wild Ozark stream (absolutely loaded with
fish). The fish were gorged with locusts, and I was desperate to catch at
least one. I noticed & caught a small water snake on a gravel bar
(non-poisonous, I believe), impaled it on a huge limb-line hook that was
laying in bottom of the jon boat we were renting, and made believe it was a
weird buzz bait in hopes of a reaction strike. Nothing!

Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)
www.secretweaponlures.com