Old December 6th, 2007, 09:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

Default Crackleback vs. Griffith's Gnat (another newbie question)

On 6 Dec, 21:44, mdk77 wrote:
I'm beginning the process of tying my flies for next season, which
will be my 2nd season of fly fishing. One place I'm planning on
fishing for Rainbow & Brown trout next season has two flies on the
"recommended list" that look kind of similar to my newbie eyes:

Cracklebacks: http://www.flyanglersonline.com/flyt...0502fotw..html

Griffith's Gnats: http://hipwader.com/2004/tying-griffiths-gnat-pattern

Are these different enough to make it worth my while to tie both? My
gut feeling is that this is probably a real stupid question, but hey,
how do you learn if you don't ask...

No idea, but if you want an easy way to dress the Griffith´s Gnat;

http://thomaszuellich.de/Fliegendose/griffiths_e.html

TL
MC