Old April 7th, 2004, 04:12 AM
B J Conner

Default What's your favorite fly fishing book?

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:06:11 -0500, lid wrote:

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 19:40:54 -0500, George Cleveland
wrote:

Anyone ever tried to fly cast in the days immediately after having
their gall bladder removed? What was it like. Mines coming out on the
19th (free to a good home) and I'll be off work for a couple of weeks.
Would hate to spend all my recuperation time sitting in front of my
computer monitor.

I had the old fashioned way, big cut, ugly scar sort. No problem. I
was home in 3 days. The first patient to be less than a week at that
time. Now it's the norm even for the elderly (I was about 40
something then). I would have been able to wander around and fly fish
if I were very careful as soon as they let me loose. If you have the
new surgery, you should be able to be out or the house and behaving
normally by day three. If it hurts, stop doing it. If you're tired,
rest.

When I had mine done a month off work was the minimum time. I was
bored out of my mind.

Laproscopy. According to the doctor my main pain will be from the air
they use to inflate my abdominal cavity. My mobility will be limited
by the drugs I'll be on more than the "damage" caused by the surgery.
Supposedly I might be able to go back to work after a week with no
lifting limitations but if I can I think I'll try to get my A&D
(Accident and Disability) set up for two weeks.
One would think that if a mere bear gallbladder is worth hundreds on
the Asian tradional medical market then a human's should be worth
something.

*** It's bearly possible. supposedly the idiots that poach bears for that
market sometimes slip in a few pig gall bladders, The buyers may or may not
know, they probably just retail them for what the market will bear.

g.c.

Who realizes he probably made a bad career choice when he is looking
forward to two weeks off even if it means getting sliced up to get
them.