Old February 24th, 2008, 10:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Marty

Default Worst Fishing show on TV

I agree. Bill Dance has been accused of being an infomercial, but he's
pretty tame compared to Shaw, who comes off as a total fake. I think Charlie
Ingram behaves similarly to Shaw.

"RichZ" wrote in message
Pat_RI wrote:
Roland Martin is the worst it is just one big promotion.
"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

I have the most trouble with Shaw Grigsby's shows these days. I just can't
stand the way he uses the trade names of products like real words. He
doesn't say "my line" he says "my sufix". He doesn't say "I'm gonna need
the pliers to get this hook out", he says "I'm gonna need the Van Stalls"
to get this hook out. Last year, those two sentences would have included
Stren and Gerber. I find it way over the top, and actually can't watch the
show because of it. Shaw's a great guy, and super fisherman. In real life,
he's great to talk to. But his entire monologue on the shaw is product
plug.