Old August 20th, 2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.saltwater
vmvaughn

Default Do you think this would work for landlocked surf anglers?

My drive to the nearest coast is 8 to 10 hours. So, if I want to go
surf fishing, it is a trip, not just an outing during normal time off
from work.

I have an idea that would help me stay in practice. I have access to a
very large lake that is known for striper fishing. (For you North
Texans, I am referring to Lake Texoma).

What about using surf fishing gear and techniques to catch freshwater
striper from the shore of a large lake as a way to practice between
trips to the coast? Has anyone tried this?

Do the anglers that know Texoma have any reason that this idea would
not work well there? For example, is fishing from the shore limited
or impeded?

Thanks in advance for all responses.

VM Vaughn
http://www.surffishingrodblog.com