Old August 27th, 2008, 02:16 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default OT- Wake Up Call

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 08:51:20 -0400, Dave LaCourse
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 07:17:16 -0500, wrote:

Here's the
current line: If the election were tomorrow, McCain wheeled over all
reasonable picks, 51-49, if McCain picked Romney, McCain 53-47, and if
the election were in 2 weeks, Obama continues as now, and McCain picks
the wildcard Lieberman and it is presented well, it could go
55plus-45minus, even 60-40. If Powell would get on board as veep, or
just campaign _hard_, 60-40 could be a ceiling for Obama.

Richard, I am reading Carly Fiorina's "Tough Choices." What do you
think of her as McCain's veep? He mentioned her as someone he would
seek for advice. She is very impressive.

IMO, too many skeletons, real and/or created, from HP-Compaq combined
with too-little name recognition to be a "best pick" or even "better
pick" but she would be in "reasonable picks" wheel. IAC, this is
politics - impressive accomplishments take a distant second to appearing
impressive. One need look no further than Obama for proof of that. And
for the record, I'm not saying that Obama couldn't do impressive things,
just that he hasn't done them yet. Heck, I'd support a McCain/Obama
ticket (and might well support an Obama presidency in 2012), probably
support a Biden/McCain (or a McCain/Biden) ticket, and would not support
any ticket that contained a Clinton or a Gore. Obama is just too much
of an unknown AND has too great a chance of being under the influence of
Kennedys, Pelosis, and other alleged "liberal" nest-featherers. The
more I see of Barick and Michelle, the more I am reminded of Bill and
Hillary...hmmm..."Bubba's Third Term"...it'd be interesting to see the
results of it being used...dimwits would think such a thing would be
great...

TC,