Old August 29th, 2008, 02:33 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default Wind power effects... for Wolfgang

"Kiyu" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:19:25 -0700 (PDT),
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Frank_Reid_=A9_2008?= wrote:

On a much smaller scale, the Dutch have done some tremendous work in
area of urban wind power. They have a helix type that mounts on
buildings and homes, generates 1.8 to 7.9 KW (depending on model) that
is quieter than a home air conditioner. I don't know anything about
the sonic levels driving bats nuts, but because of the shape, it
appears solid to birds and bats, reducing the chance of bird strike.
There are even areas in South America where they are mounting these on
cell phone towers to power the systems.
http://www.helixwind.com/en/index.php
Frank Reid
(who would dearly love one of these)

Ah lucky you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPe6A_UVPc
Lots of durability items to overcome but it looks like fun.
If'n we had a bit of wind here this would be a candidate for my next
failed energy project.

Kiyu

That's pretty neat, though I'm not sure how practical it is. Kinda noisy
too, it seemed. However, it might be just the thing I need for my planned
huntin' cabin on my uncle's mountain property.

As far as videos go I like this one just a bit better. It's short and to the
point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g45KtHN37bo

Op