Old August 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Default Wind power effects... for Wolfgang

"Kiyu" wrote in message
On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:33:19 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

Ah lucky you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPe6A_UVPc
Lots of durability items to overcome but it looks like fun.
If'n we had a bit of wind here this would be a candidate for my next
failed energy project.

Kiyu

That's pretty neat, though I'm not sure how practical it is. Kinda noisy
too, it seemed. However, it might be just the thing I need for my planned
huntin' cabin on my uncle's mountain property.

Mark,
Projects like this to me are mostly for fun (and to prevent brain rot)
but a lot can be learned from them and this fellow demonstrated how to
get the into wind power on a shoestring. Of course most of us don't
have CNC capabilities in our basements and perhaps a pulley & belt
driving the alternator from the 87 Olds out back might suit the
tinkerer better.

If you decide to do any solar or wind projects for your cabin this
site is the best home energy site I've ever found and if you have any
interest at all in such stuff it can keep you occupied for many, many
hours.
http://www.builditsolar.com/
When I experimented with a solar panel some years ago the fellow who
runs it was very helpful.

Kiyu

Thanks Kiyu,

I bookmarked the site and will go thru it when I have more time--classes
began again on Tuesday last :~^ ) and :~^ (

I fished more this Summer than I have in previous 3 Summers, and sure will
miss the free time now that classes have begun, but I'm getting very close
to completing my program. Can't wait to finish, so that I can start a new
program, likely in Geology/Planning.

Op