Old September 9th, 2008, 03:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

Default TR and More...

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008 18:12:38 -0400, "Opus--Mark H. Bowen"
wrote:

I awoke this morning, not particularly bored beyond caring anymore about the
political talk going on at ROFF, on the radio or TV, at parties, or during
chats with family; I needed to get away none the less. So, what's a fat,
illiterate, drunken redneck to do with himself, on a Sunday morning. I had
shaken the week-long hangover that has plagued me for the last four years. I
began to read ROFF, but felt I was missing out some how. I decided to search
the web for things to do, outside the house. Sadly, try as I might, I was
unable to locate a Klan rally, white supremacist meeting, or even a death to
Obama gathering? What's a MoFo to do?

Oh well, I decided to go fishin' like I do on most every Sunday. But first,
I couldn't help but watch a movie on TCM that had caught my eye. It was
"Tight Spot" (I believe). The actors were Ginger Rogers, Brian Keith, Edward
G. Robinson, and Loren Greene. I had never seen it before. Nice flick,
although predictable.

I drove over to mother's to pick-up my fishin' budddy, Bear. I'd get him to
come get me some time but as he has failed his driving test the last five
attempts, I have to use my hard earned money--moonshine is sellin' like
crack cocaine 'round these parts--to haul his sorry ass around. I hadn't
decided which stream that we would fish, when we left the house but figured
that I would be able to find one close by once I cleared the fog from my
head with a few hits of the old bong. Bear sneezed, and for the life of me
it sounded just like he said Andrew's. So it was decided, we were going to
Andrew's Creek in the Wilson's Creek watershed.

We drove down hwy. 321 toward the Globe community. We had turned off 321 on
to Kirby Mountain Rd. and got behind either a church goer or kindred spirit
(read: crackhead), I know this because they couldn't seem to get their
little Toyota to break 20mph. We found an opening and passed, only to find ourselves behind
two mule drawn carriages. Good thing I brought along a hand-full of qualuudes or
I might have done something really stupid. As it was, I managed to force the
carriages off the road and get around them and we were on our way again.

To be continued................................I gotta re-read a couple of
chapters on Public Personnel Management, before I go to class tomorrow.

Oh yeah, pics over at abpf. Warning, they look like what one would expect,
given the breif TR above.

Op

Hey Mark - thanks for the humorous first chapter. Good read!
I gotta say, I'm surprised to read about a German Shepard (at least I think
that's what Bear is from the pics you put up) that is so happy to be around
water.

Ignore any decrepit decomposing dribble-dicked gas bag who's only reason for
living is a constant search for schadenfreude.

You're a far better person than anyone fitting that description ;-)

/daytripper (tellin' it like it is - since the beginning)