Old September 10th, 2008, 02:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mr Opus McDopus

Default TR and More...

"daytripper" wrote in message

Hey Mark - thanks for the humorous first chapter. Good read!
I gotta say, I'm surprised to read about a German Shepard (at least I
think
that's what Bear is from the pics you put up) that is so happy to be
around
water.

It's not as much that he is happy to be around water, as he enjoys watchin'
me flail about in the stream, after he has taken the rock that I was about
to land on. Bear is a great fishin' buddy. He stays either by my side or
directly behind me--and I do mean directly!--when I'm casting or reelin' in
a trout. It's only when we begin to head up stream that he has difficulties
with spatial reference. I tell him "that's my rock, and I'm going to jump to
it." He translates that into, "I better get to that rock before Mark, or he
may get out of my sight."

Really, Bear's whole mission in life is to be beside me, no matter where I
go or how difficult or dangerous it may be to get to where I am--water be
damned. Miller has seen him in action, he'a a nut--Bear not Miller. What's
really funny to me is that Bear has to be next to me on the stream, but as
soon as we get out of the water and hit the trail he races off up the trail
and acts like any normal hound.

Ignore any decrepit decomposing dribble-dicked gas bag who's only reason
for
living is a constant search for schadenfreude.

I got too much studyin' to do to be bothered by sad self-absorbed people who
are so concerned with their own wealth (monetary) that all else is trivial.

You're a far better person than anyone fitting that description ;-)

My mommy tells me that all the time :~^ )

/daytripper (tellin' it like it is - since the beginning)

I never doubted it for a second.

Op --hopin' to become a *semi-edukated*, obese, and drunken redneck in the
near future.--