Old August 16th, 2009, 01:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?[_2_]

Default fighting over docks?

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 22:43:52 -0400, (BIG FISH
2006) backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park then wrote:

Has anyone here ever had a verbal fight with a land owner over fishing
around their dock? The last two times out my partner and I have got into
verbals with landowners, yesterday I thought I was going to have to
fight my way off the lake. What are the laws about fishing distance from
a dock? should I report them to the DNR or Police. I'm in MIchigan

I've never gotten upset if someone fished my pier. I always ask if
someone is on their pier and not fishing. Most times they laugh and
say there are no fish under here, but go ahead and fish it. If I am
not in a tourney I release the fish back to the pier. If I am in a
tourney I let them know it will be released alive.
On occasion I have been hollered at by irate landowners. I refuse to
argue with them. On the few occasions when the landowner has
threatened to shoot me or meet me at the launch, I calmly take out my
phone and call 911 to report the threat. Sometimes the dispatcher
says, don't pay any attention to him/her we know them and there is no
danger. Other times they ask for us to wait somewhere out of site of
the landowner so they can have a complaint filled out cause the
landowner is a nut case.
Avoid the crazy ones and don't hesitate to report them if they
threaten you. Whatever you do don't get into a confrontation, ya
never know just how crazy they may be.

Don't let them ruin your outing!

---

Dan TOASTY in Florida for now

Remove the X for e-mail reply
www.outdoorfrontiers.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!
N9JBF 1997 HD FXDS