Old August 17th, 2009, 08:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default fighting over docks?

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
Has anyone here ever had a verbal fight with a land owner over fishing
around their dock? The last two times out my partner and I have got into
verbals with landowners, yesterday I thought I was going to have to
fight my way off the lake. What are the laws about fishing distance from
a dock? should I report them to the DNR or Police. I'm in MIchigan

Spell Check! Look into it. LOL! Lets try that again.

You guys should wander over to Az Bass Zone forums and read some of the
headaches those guys are dealing with over one marina at Lake Pleasant. The
marina owner (not a land owner at all just a leasee) has managed to get
angler's completely kicked out of the marina. I think the legality is grey
at best, but nobody has managed to figure out how to challenge it exaclty
since the lake is managed by a water district rather than a state agency.
Their private security (the marina's) have even been known to harrass people
fishing
outside the marina. Makes me want to fish there every day with my video
camera and wait for somebody to harrass me. (Arizona has an anti
harrassment law.)