Old May 20th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Sierra fisher

Default The Wrist In The Cast

There is a very good video out by George Roberts at
http://www.whitemouseflyfishing.com/swfc.html that shows you how and when to
bend your writs. It also discusses what other authors say abut bending, not
breaking, your wrists. I see that he now offers his video on some sort of
return if not satisfied conditon.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"tmon" wrote in message
As a semi-newbie who is still trying to cast well consistently, I
thought I'd go out tonight to the local park for a little practice.
There was a Little League practice going on and I was puttering around
with my usual inconsistency off to the side. Then the practice ended
and I heard the voice, "Want to know what you're doing wrong?"
It turns out the guy was a coach. "You're not using your wrist.
Think snap, dead stop." Then he proceeded to false cast about 50' of
line effortlessly like it was nothing to demonstrate. He watched me for
a while, we introduced ourselves, I thanked him, then he left.
My casting improved more in that 15 minutes than it has in 2 years.
Why do so many instructors tell you to keep the wrist straight? It
seems much easier to generate line speed by snapping the wrist to a dead
stop. I guess there really is no substitute for personal instruction,
even if it is only for 15 minutes.