Old October 7th, 2012, 10:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe[_6_]

Default Making Hooks Barbless ?

"HVAC" wrote in message
On 10/5/2012 4:46 PM, Bob wrote:
Hi,

Shame that Mepps apparently does not offer any of their spinners in a
barbless style.

Would like to change many of the Aglias I have to barbless.

What's the easiest way ?

Just use a longnose pliers to clamp down and squeeze the barbs, or...?

Thanks,
Bob

In the PNW a lot of folks deal with the issues of finding the baits they
like in barbless configs for salmon fishing. What I have been old is that
they ARE allowed to smash down the barb on a hook (this may vary depending
on locale), but that some enforcement officers are very picky about it. If
they feel even tiny little catch when running a fingernail over the mashed
down barb they will cite the angler for fishing with barbed hooks.